Learning to weave beautiful “Art Weaves” like those produced by weavers in southern Sweden will be the focus for this workshop. Participants will weave a sampler of the most popular art weaves–Halvkrabba, Krabba, Rölakan, Dukagång and Munkabälte.
These techniques, which can be woven on a 4-shaft loom, are easy to weave and treadle, and use laid-in techniques.
Most weavers will be able to weave all five techniques in their sampler in in the three-day workshop.
Instructor: Joanne Hall
Experience level: All except novices
Materials fee: $35, covers linen warps (mailed to students prior to workshop); wool weft; selection of tools to borrow including pick up sticks, half heddle sticks, ties; and handouts.
- Pre-warped 4-shaft loom, threaded 1,2,3,4 tied-up for plain weave and 1-2 and 3-4.
- 10 dent reed (10 ends per inch).
- Weaving width, 11 inches,
- Two (2) stick shuttles.
- Pick-up stick (if you have one).
- Scissors, tape measure, pencil.
- A small handheld mirror to see the underside of the sampler.